HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VIRTUAL LESSONS
Virtual Lessons be can be accessed via the link here: https://zoom.us/j/
Here are some tips to help you navigate your virtual lessons.
Instructions on how to configure the settings described below can be found in the instructional video here.
- Virtual lessons require you to download the Free Zoom conferencing App Here. (if you have not previously downloaded it, the app will appear when you click on the Zoom Room link,above.)
- You can use your phone, tablet or computer as long as it's connected to the internet and has the Zoom app.
- It's best to be as close to the WiFi router as possible. (If possible, connect your computer directly to the WiFi router.)
- It's helpful to have a quiet area where you can set up your device so that your head and torso are in view. Have your cork and straw nearby and an accompaniment track for your music, if possible.
- Please wear a pair of headphones connected to the computer to help prevent delay (earbuds are ok.)
- If you are having trouble getting on, try another browser or another device.
- You may get on before Celia does, so don't be surprised if she's not there yet! If it says "waiting for host" it's often better to disconnect and then try again.
- You'll get the highest quality sound if you use a computer and set the audio settings in Zoom to "original sound." (These settings are not available if you are using another device.) There is an excellent video explaining how to do that here.
- If you have an external microphone please use it and don't forget to change the audio settings on your device and in your Zoom account.